The Diocesan Office for RE, Catechesis & Schools
NORES (Northampton Religious Education Service) exists to support Catholic education and formation across the Diocese of Northampton. Our remit is wide including the management of Schools and Academies and Catechesis, Adult Education and Religious Education in Schools. NORES reports to Bishop Peter Doyle (now Emeritus) and is led by Mgr Kevin McGinnell.
our main responsibilities
- Communication with schools, academies and parishes through NORES NEWS
- Representing the Trustee at all appointments for reserved posts of Head and Deputy Head Teacher, RE and Chaplaincy
- Organising and promoting diocesan events for education, especially the annual Education Celebration and NORES Lecture
- Organising annual conferences for Head and Deputy Head Teachers
- The inspection of our schools and academies as Catholic schools, and their Religious Education in accordance with canonical and civil law.
- Monitoring and publishing inspection reports and supporting the implementation of recommendations
- Sharing in responsibility for support for schools and academies as and when needed, and with Local Authorities and other external agencies.
- Representing the diocese on the statutory committees and other bodies as required by civil law
- Working with other diocesan agencies in different ways, e.g. Finance Office, NYMO, Liturgy Commission, Vocations Team etc, and liaising with other denominational and faith bodies in this area.
Who We Are
Our Contact details
Monsignor Kevin McGinnell – Episcopal Vicar for Education & Formation
Collette Curtis – Director for Schools Development
Anne-Marie McIntosh – Adviser for Primary RE
Debbie Main – Schools Officer
Paul McHugh – Adviser for Secondary RE
Jackie McCarthy – NORES Administration
Alex Heath – Adviser for Adult Faith Formation, Catechetics and Chaplaincy