The Diocesan Office for RE & Schools
Our Diocesan Education Service forms part of the Prophet Vicariate and exists to support Catholic education and formation across the Diocese of Northampton. Our remitincludes the management of Schools and Academies, Adult Education and Religious Education in Schools.
Who We Are
Our Contact details
Collette Curtis – Director for Schools Development
Sarah Barreto – Deputy Director of Schools
Debbie Main – Schools Officer
Ann Collon – NORES Administration
our main responsibilities
- Communication with schools, academies and parishes through NORES NEWS
- Representing the Trustee at all appointments for reserved posts of Head and Deputy Head Teacher, RE and Chaplaincy
- Organising and promoting diocesan events for education, especially the annual Education Celebration and annual Lecture
- Organising annual conferences for Head and Deputy Head Teachers
- The inspection of our schools and academies as Catholic schools, and their Religious Education in accordance with canonical and civil law.
- Monitoring and publishing inspection reports and supporting the implementation of recommendations
- Sharing in responsibility for support for schools and academies as and when needed, and with Local Authorities and other external agencies.
- Representing the diocese on the statutory committees and other bodies as required by civil law
- Working with other diocesan agencies in different ways, e.g. Finance Office, NYMO, Liturgy Commission, Vocations Team etc, and liaising with other denominational and faith bodies in this area.